Pages

Tuesday, June 20, 2023

The Handmade Quilt Blanket I Made for Mom

I gave the first queen sized quilt blanket I ever made to my Mom. It was a huge yellow pinwheel quilt. I toiled over it for over a year. 

I pieced it together by hand. I wrestled to properly sandwich it with wadding. Quilted each stitch by hand. Manually made the binding (I didn't have tools back then). 


Putting together the quilt was a journey to show Mom how much I love her. I wanted to show her my appreciation for everything she taught me. Quilting a blanket by hand is an enormous task.


I told myself back then that I needed to make the quilt blanket for Mom to complete what she was trying to teach me. Summers were always filled with crafting sessions. Mom didn't teach me how to cook, but she taught me to love creating. 

I don't have a photo of the full blanket when I finished it. I am hoping I'd find it in her things. I'm not brave enough yet. Hopefully soon 🙏

#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment