Pages

Saturday, June 10, 2023

Plantita Saturdays: Terminated the Oyster Mushrooms :(

Oh boy, right after I posted about the progress of my oyster mushrooms last week, I was horrified to see some green spots on it the next day. I immediately contacted the seller for advise. A friend who grows oyster mushrooms also had warned me about possibly getting mold. The seller confirmed it was mold and advised me to remove all the shoots and pins. 




I cleaned the cutter with hydrogen peroxide and I wore gloves when I cleaned out the pins and shoots. I was so sad, but I knew it would get worse if I didn't do it immediately. As I was cleaning, I thought the other two were spared from the infestation. I was told that the other one could possibly be okay. I was advised to spray it with water, but if it doesn't grow I should also remove the shoots. Well, I had to remove it also the next day. 




So, I'm back to zero with my oyster mushrooms. Good thing I caught the mold early because it was only on the surface. I wiped the plastic with H2O2 and hope things would be better this time. I also cleaned the sink and area. I'm thinking though whether I should move the oyster mushroom somewhere else. The place has to be dark and humid. 

Oh well, this is the gardening version of tastas as Mom says. She always told me, "If it doesn't work out, tastas, and do it again. 

#BeKind #StaySafe 

No comments:

Post a Comment