Pages

Sunday, December 20, 2020

My Grown-up Christmas Wish

A year ago in Manila. 
Last night's Didache reflection spoke to me deeply. If you're going through challenges, you shouldn't dwell so much on the struggle, but you should be more focused on the future outcome. It was a good reminder for me and made staying offline more bearable. To get well and be able to do the things I still want to do, I have to follow doctor's orders. 

To help me stay offline I set limits on distracting apps so it won't send notifications. I also kept my phone under my pillow. Out of sight, out of mind! I did respond to a few messages, watched a few videos, but eventually I got busy with other things and the silence became comfortable. 

Through the silence and having my hands busy sewing, I was able to think through how I should proceed. I didn't sleep well last night because I was worrying about all the work I left hanging. Eventually the Peace & Calming oil helped me fall asleep. My sleep though was filled with several weird dreams. 

As I worked through my quilt project I was able to re-focus and remind myself that it's not my fault I've been sick. I need this time to rest and heal from what this terrible year has brought. There is still so much to be thankful for this year. My family has been coping well despite some challenges. We're all apart, but we're here for each other. My only wish is good health for everyone and hope we can see each other soon. 

How I wish I could be with you two this Christmas.


And my sole Christmas wish is for the whole world to heal together and defeat this pandemic as one big community. 

CB//255 #StuckAtHomeDay/285 #StayHome #BeKind

No comments:

Post a Comment