Pages

Thursday, December 3, 2020

Got Back on the Horse (Got Me in Trouble Last Week)

I went to see my doctor the other day to get the results of the DVT and IVC scans I did last week. I also raised my concerns about how I felt after I had physiotherapy last week (the one that triggered the post "It's complicated". 

I really wanted to move forward from the setback so I immediately got back on the horse last week. My physiotherapist monitored everything and we only did 4 minutes on the bike and other light exercises. My body's reaction a few hours after was bad. I barely slept and my whole body felt like it was being pricked the morning after. 

My doctor said, "Please send my congratulations to your physiotherapist." He said that if I felt pain after the session it meant the exercise was working. I was honestly surprised with his reaction! Because it was my first time to feel that kind of pain and I thought it was really concerning. 

My doctor said it's normal that my stamina isn't back yet after having myocarditis and it may take 3 to 6 months before things normalize. It was a nasty virus after all. He said I was on the right track to get well since I'm doing the needful -- eating properly, sleeping 8 hours and exercising. Nothing to worry about since my heart and lungs are fine. And the good news is my scans came back clear so I'm now transitioning a less evil medication. 

So today my physiotherapist gave me the option to take things slow. I chose to get back on the horse immediately. I don't know how I'll feel tomorrow, but I think it's better for me to just keep going to get back my stamina and continue my quest to be better. Pain must not defeat me! 

Wish me luck? And, of course, pray for me :)

#CB//239 #StuckAtHomeDay/269 #WFH159 #StayHome #BeKind  


No comments:

Post a Comment