Pages

Saturday, August 31, 2024

Touchdown Avocado!

Last minute win for the month of August! We've been busy the past few days, but I made sure that the avocado seeds were submerged halfway. I noticed they've been sipping a lot of water and I had the top it up everyday. 

I'm propagating two sets of seeds. I started the first three on August 9. The second set on August 17. The first awed that started to open was from the second set. It's one of the bigger seeds and I guess the most mature one. 

We were out the whole day, so I was only able to check the seeds in the evening. I was surprised to see almost an inch of root from one. Yasss!


Another seed is also developing a root. In a few days it will be like the big seed.


My aim is to grow a couple since I'm sure the next challenge is to properly transplant it to soil. I have to wait a few more weeks until the seedlings have leaves already. This small win is a great start!

#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment