Pages

Thursday, August 15, 2024

Happy Birthday to My 3-Year Old Chromebook

Google Photos just reminded me that my Chromebook is 3 years old today! One thing I learned from my previous job is to be able to work on any kind of device. I had the chance to use a Windows, Mac and Chromebook. There was a time we only used tablets on Fridays. I realized I could survive on a browser based laptop, so I got a Chromebook for personal use. 




I got a Thinkpad Chromebook (C13 Yoga) three years ago. I figured I could do everything I needed to do on it. I could work on documents, spreadsheets, make videos, blog and use it for video calls with my PT. Everything is on the cloud so I don't worry about filling up my drive. It still gets filled up when I download a lot of stuff. It's easily cleaned up when needed and good to go again. I think I've only done it once since the disk gets filled up by videos I make*.

Three years after, the Chromebook performs like I just bought it yesterday. It updates by itself and I never need to worry about backing up all my work. I don't worry also if it conks out since everything's up there in the cloud. I just need to make sure that I only connect to secure wifi and make sure all my accounts require additional authentication. 




I'm happy I invested in a Thinkpad Chromebook. It is not as pretty as my old pink MSI laptop (from way back), but I added a hard shell that's made it more personable. It's sturdy, the battery lasts long and it provides everything I need for a laptop. I just hope and pray Google keeps it updated, my super old Chromebook from c2014 still works and I still use it whenever I just need to write. 

Still thinking whether I should make a new review. I don't have much to add from the video I made 3 years ago when I unboxed the Chromebook.





*I download the vids when I upload it to YouTube and FB. I can actually skip downloading and just upload directly from the app. 

No comments:

Post a Comment