Pages

Thursday, August 29, 2024

Celebrated a Rainy Birthday

I'm grateful to everyone who sent their birthday greetings and well wishes. I'm going through each of the messages and will hopefully send my thanks to everyone (gimme a few days!).

Good thing we didn't plan to head out for my birthday. It rained the whole day! Classes and government work were suspended in most parts of Metro Manila. We planned to stay home since I have tonsilitis (ugh). I won't be able to eat my favorite food, plus the doctor told me to rest. 




Even though we were just home, I must say it's one of my best birthdays. I had my boys with me and we spent the day together. We spent some time with our cats. We kept checking on them since it's raining. They've been quite clingy too the past few days, so we gave each one of them extra scratches (well, those who allow us to). It also looks like Meredith is back and she's getting over what's been bothering her. Brimsley went through the same phase a few months ago and she's back to her usual, swiping self. 

We watched Andor while eating lunch. After that I did some sewing since I had been busy with other stuff the past few days. I finished a fourth of my project and I'm working on convincing myself that I could finish it. Joining 400 squares is both a physical and mental challenge, LOL. Just had a light dinner, watched our telenovelas and here I am now writing this blog post. 

I'm just really grateful for everyone who remembered this day. It's the first birthday I'm celebrating with nothing heavy in my heart. The past few years have been a huge struggle with health issues and losing my Mom. I was stable on my birthday (tonsils getting better), I was with my boys and I felt all the love from all over the world. There's also a belief that when it rains on your birthday, you will be blessed. 

I am blessed. I am grateful. I am loved. 

Thank you Papa God for everything. 

#BeKind #StaySafe 

No comments:

Post a Comment