Pages

Friday, August 2, 2024

Tried Secret Recipe at One Ayala!

I know One Ayala has been open for awhile now. We're kinda slow when it comes to visiting new places! We had a chance to finally visit One Ayala a few weeks ago. What drew us was to dine at Secret Recipe. It's one of the restos we frequented in Singapore. I first tried it in Jakarta and had the chance to also visit their KL branch (where it supposedly originated). 






We were pleasantly surprised we were able to park easily since it was a Saturday. We had a doctor's appointment and decided to have lunch at Secret Recipe. We were surprised to see that our local Secret Recipe had a very different look compared to the branches in other countries. Every nook and cranny is "Instagrammable" haha. We sat across the cake display. I am always mesmerized by cakes (biggest one I've seen is Calea in Bacolod). Anyway, I digest. 




We ordered these -








To be honest, I found the dishes here much more delicious than in Singapore. My original favorite Secret Recipe was the one in Jakarta. I'm glad our branch here is so much better. I ordered carbonara and had Miggy try it. He said it was delicious and Miggy approved. I didn't get to try Miggy and Jay's dishes, but they said it was really good. 

Of course, we had dessert. I had a hard time choosing, but eventually decided to get a slice of red velvet cake. I've been craving it for about a month now. It did not disappoint. Here's what we ordered -




We learned a lot from Argel about how the restaurant came about. She mentioned that the chef trained for a couple of months in their headquarters. They also pushed to make the restaurant more decorative. Secret Recipe branches in other countries are just usually white all over. The one we have at One Ayala is special. I guess the crew appreciated sharing our experience. They gave us a slice of complimentary dark chocolate cake. It was so good!




We got lucky with our bill. The payment method we used provided 50% off. I was also able to use my PWD discount. We walked off what we ate by exploring the mall. We look forward to coming back to dine at Secret Recipe again. We'll probably go when Filbar's is open. 

#BeKind #StaySafe


No comments:

Post a Comment