Pages

Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Got 16 Books from Booksale!

We finally got to visit the Booksale branch near us. We have not been able to go since our outings have been selective and getting to a Booksale was elusive. I told myself when we were decluttering that I will only buy books again when I have made a dent on my reading backlog. I also told myself I won't buy another craft book.




We were so excited when we visited Booksale. I think we spent at least half an hour in the store. I was surprised to find graphic novels. I grabbed two. One is a graphic anthology which includes two authors I personally know. The other one is a hardbound comics compilation by Neil Gaiman. It was tempting to get more. Maybe next time. 




Sweetie quickly distracted me and showed me a Star Wars storybook he found. For only PhP85, it included a read-along. There were more, but we'll test one first. I also picked up two books on wellness. One is a self-love journal and the other one is a coloring book. I'm familiar with the coloring book because they used to sell the same in Singapore (x4 the price). 




Miggy got 3 novels and a book on model ships. I broke my pact though and bought several quilt books. Hahaha. The books were sold as low as PhP15! The most expensive was a Better Homes and Gardens hardbound book on quilting. It was sold at PhP130! It was a really good deal and I guess quilting is an uncommon hobby, so no one's really interested in the books. Well, good for me! Haha. 

I'm so glad Booksale is still around. I hope they eventually open more branches again :)

#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment