Pages

Friday, August 9, 2024

Clot Scare

It's been an unproductive week for me. We went out last Monday to check-out something. The vaccination site though on my left arm was still painful and felt warm. It was strange since it's been a week since I was vaccinated. I had two vaccinations in the past two weeks. First one was for flu and the second one was anti tetanus and diphtheria (to also prevent pertussis which is hard to treat according to my doctor). My infectious disease doctor advised to get vaccinated since I've been hospitalized twice in the past 8 months. I'm still due to get the pneumonia and shingles vaxx. 




Anyway, I felt really bad on Tuesday. I slept most of the day since my whole body hurts. I also felt very lightheaded on Wednesday. I started having a terrible headache by Wednesday evening. I took the medication my neurologist gave me for migraine. It worked, but I still had a nagging headache until today. I also had upper back pain on and off since yesterday. 

The upper back pain concerned me a lot since it's the same area that hurt when I had my last PE* in 2021. The pain was still there when I woke up. Sweetie cancelled by pulmo rehab appointment since I didn't feel well. I kept telling myself not to worry too much since it may just be pain from the scars in my lungs. My oxygen saturation is also normal. I still took it slow today and used my collection of pain ointments/oils. I read up about Boostrix and what I went through are its side effects. It was probably weirder for me because I'm immuno-compromised.

I watched a movie on Netflix with Miggy and I felt a bit better by early evening. I also watered the plants and played with the cats. The kitties surrounded me and they helped to relax me. I feel better now and will report what happened to my doctor since I'm still due to get two more vaccinations. Maybe we need to space it out since my body takes longer to recover.   

*PE - pulmonary embolism

#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment