Pages

Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Surviving Haze, Vog or Smog

The air quality the past week was really bad. The Taal Volcano emitted tons of sulfur dioxide, enveloping several towns with vog. In Manila, we experienced bad air quality due to pollution. It was really bad, even with air purifiers my eyes were irritated. I also woke up unwell yesterday. 

I skipped watering my plants because even with a mask I still felt unwell. My lungs are impaired, so the effects are worse on me. Media has been posting reminders to stay indoors with your doors and windows closed. Wear a mask if you really need to go outside. 

For people with medical conditions, it's best to also use an air purifier. Make sure to change filters as needed. We recently changed the filter of our air purifier. It was down to 3%, so we decided to change it already. Even my CPAP machine's filter has to be changed often. Of course, if you take allergy medications, this is the time to consistently take it. 


Take care especially if you have asthma!

#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment