Pages

Friday, May 26, 2023

Foodie Friday: Tuna and Mushroom Alfredo

This recipe is one for the books! Miggy and I almost aborted our quest to try making tuna and mushroom alfredo. I put too much butter on the pan, so the sauce turned yellow even though we added cream and milk! We looked at each other and almost stopped taking a video. We thought our effort would go to waste. 




"Let's finish it and see," I told Miggy after adding the tuna and mushroom. The sauce was still very much yellow. Lo and behold something magical happened when we added the parmesan cheese. The sauce slowly turned white. We didn't question the wisdom anymore and breathed a sigh of relief that it would turn out okay (we were certainly very hungry already).




Finished cooking and nervously presented what we cooked to Sweetie to try. We all liked it and our litmus test for successful recipes is... no leftovers! It worked out! Whew! I was certainly relieved since cream and the other ingredients are quite expensive nowadays. I didn't want anything to go to waste. I think the huge chunk of butter I used was the secret to making it tasty. 

Really happy the boys loved it! Recipe is available here: https://recipesformyson.blogspot.com/2023/05/recipes-for-my-son-tuna-and-mushroom.html

Happy Friday everyone!

#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment