Pages

Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Creative Happy Tuesdays: My New KitchenAid Mixer Quilted Cover

My summer project is to make new covers for my kitchen appliances. Thought I'd make it a bit quirky and my plan is to use Pinterest inspired cat quilts. I'm not allowed to have pets, but we've been feeding some cats who have been dropping by our house. It's been a good compromise. I call them my socially distant cats. We'll cross the bridge when they finally trust us enough to be brought to the vet. 




Anyway, I haven't had a pet for more than a decade now, that's why I thought a cat themed project would be cute. I finally finished the KitchenAid mixer cover. I thought I'd finish it within a week. As usual my timing has been off and I'm still recovering from flu. The project helped me to calm down in between napping on our tiny couch.

What I like about making my own kitchen covers is I can customize it for my needs. I put a pocket at the back, although I realized the mixer accessories aren't flat and better kept inside the bowl. Anyway, I can always switch the front and back when I feel like it. 




Now that this is done, I have to think about what to do next. I might make one for the blender, then the food processor. I'm still thinking whether I should make one for our grinder. We don't have proper furniture yet, so I'm holding off making throw pillow cases.  

Thank you Mom for teaching me how to quilt. <3

#BeKind #StaySafe


No comments:

Post a Comment