Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Wellness Wednesdays: Change of Scenery

I was really anxious about the electrical issues in our home. Kept telling myself I was just being overdramatic since it was being fixed already. I couldn't sleep at night because I was worrying something might happen to us (the fire next door worsened my PTSD). Well, the dust was also causing me to have frequent asthma attacks. 

We decided to move out for awhile since it would have been unbearable not to have electricity. The electrical issues identified by the audit were really serious. I have not been sleeping well the past few months because I've been afraid something might happen to us. The electrical engineer also said we should install a sensor just to be sure. The issue has certainly marred the joy of having our new home. 




We went back to our old home for a few weeks. The change of scenery certainly helped me calm down and focus on myself. It probably did not help that we found out about the serious electrical issues of our home after the fire. We've always lived in homes where we never had issues with the electricity. You'll certainly feel a mix of emotions when you find out that your home is a fire hazard. 

I needed a reset and the change of scenery helped me. It was also reassuring to know that the issues were being addressed and we'll go back to a safe home. I am grateful we found people who we could trust to help us. It's just unbelievable how people can be unscrupulous in their quest to earn a quick buck. It never crossed our mind that this would happen. 

The change of scenery allowed me to have time to think and reset my nervous system. I honestly have not been able to do any of my crafts. My body and mind had to rest, so I indulged and just watched Netflix the past few weeks. We were able to finish Stranger Things, start The Sandman and watch a couple of movies. I realized though I should have brought a book. It would have been nice to be absorbed by a story. 

A change of scenery works. No wonder a lot of people are into traveling. Sanaol.

#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment