Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Valentine's 2023

Happy heart day everyone! <3

We normally celebrate Valentine's the day before or after to avoid the crowd. Also delegated this day for some important errands and will drop off something for Mom. This year, Sweetie decided to surprise me and Miggy with a short day trip out of town. He sent a clue last week with a photo of a heart shaped pizza with the code "ALC214". 

I've been playing word puzzles for some time now and I had an idea the code stood for "Amare La Cucina", February 14. He originally set it for the 14th because part two of the surprise is closed on Mondays. Part 2 though was suddenly open on a Monday. Suspended renovation work for 2 days so we could rest and have a break. 





Sweetie only told us we were heading south. Brought compression socks and a light jacket just in case we end up in Tagaytay (haha). Amare has several branches in the south and I thought it was good to be prepared. The funny thing is the resto called while we were on the way and the reception was loud enough for me to hear, hahaha. Told Sweetie then and there that I guessed right, hahaha. 

I've been wanting to visit Amare La Cucina since they expanded. The first time we ate there was in Baguio during their soft opening. They were still setting up and invited bloggers to try out their offerings. The visit was a bit of a blur for me since we hopped from one place to another. What I do remember about the visit though was the Pinoyboy pizza Edmark, the owner, served. It was really memorable and during the pandemic we found out they expanded. 

We ended up in their newly opened branch in Solenad, Nuvali. Here's what we ordered -

Pinoyboy pizza

Burrata salad

Ragu pasta

Cheese and spinach dip 

Miggy had carbonara. The bacon was addicting!

For some strange reason... I forgot to take a photo of my cheese lasagna! Hahaha.
I guess I was so excited to eat! Servings were huge so we ate the leftovers for dinner :)



Pinoyboy pizza was as I remembered it. Sarap! It has a distinct flavor that makes it memorable. Good thing Sweetie reserved us a seat because the place was full even on a Monday. There were several huge groups that filled up the resto after we arrived. Walked off the huge meal by exploring the mall. Twas a fun day. Ended up skipping part 2 of the trip since I was already tired, haha. Conked out as soon as we got home. 

Thank you Sweetie for the awesome V-day surprise! <3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment