Pages

Friday, February 3, 2023

Blast from the 80s: Cheese Pie!

Sweetie got some cheese pie from Shell's Select the other day. I haven't had it in a very long time (possibly decades!). My Mom used to buy it a lot back in the 80s. It was commonly sold in the supermarket. I haven't really seen it sold anywhere else (tbh), so this was a rare treat. 

The cheese pie was surprisingly packaged really nicely. It used to be packed on paper plates and covered with cling wrap or clear plastic. This one was branded and packed in "fancy" packaging. It also came on a nice thick plate and wrapped neatly with plastic. 




We all laughed after our first bite. It tasted almost the same as my milk cheese cupcake! Now I want to learn how to make cheese pie since it should be a bit less evil (I mean less calories) than a cupcake, hehe. The pie was about PhP200. Far cry from it's original price back in the 80s! Select carries a lot of interesting pasalubong items. Reminds me to go look for my favorite chocolate cupcake.  Yaaas!

#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment