Pages

Friday, February 17, 2023

Landmark After Almost 5 Years!

Landmark, the iconic department store beside Glorietta in Makati City, opened when I was in high school. My Mom absolutely loved the supermarket and that's where we'd go when Makati Supermart moved out of Makati. South Supermarket in Magallanes also left, so the next best one was Landmark. While in college, I'd sometimes go to Landmark to buy some stuff together with friends. Also did a grad school project at Landmark.





The area grew eventually. Quad was replaced with Glorietta and Greenbelt also expanded. By the time I started working I'd walk from Ayala through Greenbelt, Landmark, and SM to reach the terminal for my ride home. I was still able to do that in the past decade and I'd still visit whenever I was in Manila. This love affair with Landmark ended in 2019 because of the pandemic. It's one of the places we missed while in Singapore. 

We discovered when we celebrated Valentine's in Nuvali that there was a Landmark in the area. Burned off what we ate by going to Landmark after lunch. It's not the same Landmark I grew up with, but it was a good replica of the bigger one in Makati. It had all the same elements as the one I'm used to although the toy section was missing. 





Enjoyed going around and since it was a weekday, the store was practically empty. We were able to look at the furniture area at length since we need a sofa. They had nice affordable options. The bazaar section that Landmark is known for took up most of the second floor. I guess some sections were not included to protect the business of other stores (there's a Toy Kingdom in the next building). 

It's not the Landmark I'm accustomed to, but this one in Solenad, Nuvali would do for now. We were so excited we forgot to take photos, haha. Didn't really go shopping, just picked up some organizers for our bathroom. I told Sweetie that since Landmark in Makati is a high traffic area, we'll probably won't be able to visit it anytime soon. This one in Nuvali would do for now :)

#BeKind #StaySafe


No comments:

Post a Comment