Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2023

Throwback Thursday: When I Turned 30

It feels just like yesterday when I celebrated my 30th birthday. Let's not count how many years it's been, haha! I usually celebrate my birthday at home. It did not even occur to me to host the party elsewhere. Nowadays though it's easier to just book a place or a resto to celebrate. 







My 30th birthday was really memorable. I had all my closest friends come to the party. My besties, my choir fam, work fam and school friends (HS and college). It was a really special day for me because it marked the beginning of the next chapter in my life. My birthday actually marked my first day at Google (things started rolling a few weeks later). 




Most of the food was homemade (plus some Baliwag probably). The cake was ordered by Mom and Dad from Goldilocks (of course!). We had games and did a lot of singing (videoke!). By then most of my friends from school and my neighbors knew each other, so everyone was comfortable with each other.  






I realize now why I looked back on this day. It's the day where I want to re-start from after retiring from my job. Things have changed a lot since then. My best friend moved back to Cebu, most of my friends are married and moved elsewhere (abroad/other cities). Some are still around and I've been hoping to see them. Hope it will be safer and hope our renovations will finish soon. 

#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment