Pages

Saturday, December 17, 2022

Plantita Saturdays: Aphids Killed My Tomato Plants

My tomato plants were producing a lot of flowers the past two months. Unfortunately we got a deluge of ants again and I started to see aphids on the the stems. The best way to control it is to remove the pest with earbuds dabbed in alcohol. I did that, but it didn't take long before they overwhelmed the plant. 




It was impossible to save the plant already, so I got my scissors and cut the plant to pieces (so it would fit the trash can). I think the deterioration started when the eggplant was attacked by white flies. Apparently those insects are related to aphids. 

Aphids love tomato plants and eggplant. I have had no success with the tomatoes and eggplants I planted this year. We had a lot of ants in the property when we moved in. We should have gotten pest control to help earlier to help with the infestation. 

I've paused planting anything new for now since there's a lot of movement in the house. The dust coming from the renovation has affected the plants too. It's been hard to find a spot where they won't be disturbed. I'll have to do some clean up in the next few days. :)

#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment