Pages

Friday, December 23, 2022

Lakwatsera Fridays: Nanyang!

One of the things I miss the most in Singapore is Toastbox. I used to have eat there several times a week when our office was in the CBD. The crew would always ask me how come I look Chinese, but I don't speak their language. Well, my grandma passed away when my Dad was young so I never got to meet her and I guess she never got around to teaching the language (she eloped with my Filipino hunk of a grandpa!). 




Anyway, I digress. I super love Toastbox. In fact as proof of my love, the fats are still residing in my thunder thighs. When I got home my good friends told me that Nanyang replaced Toastbox in the Philippines. Their offerings are the same, just the name is different. 




Luckily there is a Nanyang branch at Ayala North Exchange. We discovered it while waiting for my doctor. Her assistant told us there was a passageway from the clinic to the mall. Agonizing over the stairs was worth it because there was a gem in the mall!




Was asked by the doctor to come yesterday. Miggy and I made sure to pass by Nanyang for some takeaway. Good thing we did because it took us an hour to get a ride and we were famished by the time we got home. Aside from our favorite teh and kopi c, they also had my favorite cheesy chicken noodles. It also had the very bitter kailan veggie (lol). Anyway, it was happy super late lunch for the three of us since the beverages were perfectly prepared too. 

Nanyang has branches in the following locations, see here. Maybe this would be a good bucketlist for me since I failed to visit all the Toastbox branches in Singapore (haha). 

#BeKind #StaySafe


No comments:

Post a Comment