Pages

Monday, March 15, 2021

One Percent Per Day

I am grateful to all my family and friends who have been praying for me. It gives me strength to fight back. I also appreciate the spiritual guidance Sister Lirio and my Kuya have been providing for me. This has been really tough for me, more than when I had heart surgery. 

The rain from the last few days has given me a respite. Last week was bad since I bled again. It took five days before it resolved. I didn't go to my doctor because I felt it would resolve on its own and I don't want to be warded* again. There was pain, but dealing with the frustration was harder. I've decided to see my doctor this week. 


Today I will resume physiotherapy. I need to get moving. I did some light exercises last week. Through my frustration I realized that I had to change my perspective on getting well. I was getting frustrated because I was expecting to get fully well by a certain date. The date kept moving and moving and moving. 

I watched Bo Sanchez' video on "How you can improve 1% per day?". I'm taking inspiration from that and focusing on improving at least 1% everyday. This way I can celebrate progress however small it is. I went from bleeding and puffing my inhaler five times a day to no bleeding to three inhaler puffs a day by end of the week. 

Ahhh, yes, progress even at 1% per day is still an improvement which should be recognized. It's like my quilting projects. They move really slowly, but each day I see the fruits of my labor. That makes me happy and I think a huge part of recovering for me is to stay positive and happy, follow doctors orders and keep praying. 

Thank you for praying for me my friend. 

CB///339 #StuckAtHomeDay/Yr2/2 #StayHome #BeKind 


*Warded = admitted in the hospital 

No comments:

Post a Comment