Pages

Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Rainbow Over Your Head

Last night my friend sent me this beautiful song, "Rainbow" by Kacey Musgraves. He sent me the version of Thingamajig and I absolutely loved it. The line, "That there's always been a rainbow hangin' over your head" is stuck in my head. 


Rainbows make me smile. I always look for them after a storm. I've been obsessed in making rainbow colored quilts. I have been making rainbow themed quilts for over two years now haha. The lively colors make me happy. 

My Kuya taught me a NLP technique many years ago. He explained that when you go through a bad experience you tend to play that scene again and again in full color. It becomes more important than it should be. To get rid of it you need to determine what you have learned from that bad experience. Then play it in your mind and minimize it's importance by turning it to black and white. That way it becomes unimportant until it just fades in the background. This technique has helped me a lot since I learned it. Don't keep dragging that baggage!

And that's what rainbows remind me of. Life should be colorful and happy. Rainbows don't always show up after the rain, but just believe it's somewhere over your head all the time. 

P.S. I have been doing this #9010Challenge for 7 days before I sleep (see here). I write down 9 blessings from the whole day and a prayer. I feel calm and happy after I do it. It's really great to identify the good things from your day before you sleep :)

CB///341 #StuckAtHomeDay/Yr2/4 #StayHome #BeKind 



No comments:

Post a Comment