Pages

Wednesday, November 1, 2023

How "Friends" Helped Me Get Over a Breakup

I was so sad to hear about the passing of Matthew Perry. I watched "Friends" a couple of times already and Chandler Bing is one character I will always remember. I watched the show on and off when it was broadcasted on TV. A friend years later gifted me with a set (I think it was best friend Darwin who gave it to me). 




I watched the whole series following a bad break-up. I was feeling much better by the time I finished all 10 seasons. I think the show helped me look ahead and move past the pain. The way the show made me laugh is probably the secret to healing. 


Central Perk Singapore


I still actually watch "Friends". I re-started watching it during the pandemic through Netflix. I play it whenever I can't think of anything to watch. Never mind the bad puns that people flag about the show. Those things were funny when it was created. 


Replica of Monica's kitchen.


Rest in peace Matthew Perry. Thank you for making me laugh and for being part of my healing journey. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment