Pages

Monday, November 6, 2023

Great Way to Remove Countertop Stains

Traffic in our kitchen is pretty high everyday. We start our day preparing our coffee and then we cook or heat up leftovers throughout the day. We try to keep the countertop clean, but it is really unavoidable to have stains on it. We were told to just make sure to wipe the countertop to avoid stains. 

I tried using baking soda and vinegar, but noticed it's not too friendly for countertops. The combination is too abrasive for the surface, so I try to clean stains with Thieves. It gets most of the dirt out, but there's a stain by the sink that I haven't been able to remove for awhile now. 

I was advised by a cleaning company to try using Spotless. They said I could use it to remove stains. I got one container from Ace Hardware and I finally tried it yesterday. Instructions said to wipe a little on the surface with a damp cloth. I tried it on a small part first to make sure it doesn't ruin the countertop. The stain came from an Ikea dishrack that rusted. 





I was worried I wouldn't be able to remove it. Wiped a little on the stain and was surprised the spot slowly disappeared. After I finished the area I moved to the side of the sink that had a stain. Some baking soda stuck to the surface and I haven't been able to remove it (aside from the stain). After wiping the area gently with the paste I was surprised the stain cleared up. 

Aside from countertops, Spotless is good for ceramic and chrome surfaces according to the product info. Just make sure to try on a small part first before going all out to make sure it doesn't ruin your item. I'm so happy I was able to remove the stain yesterday. I will surely include this product in my cleaning tools arsenal, haha. 

What's your go-to product for cleaning stains?

#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment