Pages

Thursday, April 20, 2023

Throwback Thursday: Angkor Wat

The summer heat reminded me about the time I visited Cambodia. The country is near the equator and I was warned about the heat. I went there to run an event. The people in Cambodia are so lovely and friendly. It was pretty hard to communicate since very few spoke English, but I felt very much welcomed. 




I stayed at Heritage Suites Hotel. It is a boutique hotell in Siem Reap and came highly recommended by locals. I remember the room was very unique and it smelled good. It was a great place to stay at, unfortunately I don't have any photos of the room! I think I spent most of my time outside and just literally used the room to sleep!





Most common mode of transportation in Siem Reap are motos and tuktuk. That's also how I got around except when I was brought to the airport by a car. The interesting thing though is you have to pay in USD if you want to buy something. Yup, I paid in USD for a few souvenirs. 

Aside from the event and meeting a lot of people, getting to visit the Angkor Wat was truly memorable. The place is so massive! We were told to avoid the monkeys and not to feed them because they can get very excited. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to go around the complex since I had a plane to catch. Of course, I managed to have my photo taken with the Angkor Wat behind me. I got lucky because everyone else went on the tour, so I got a nice photo without anyone walking around.




I promised myself I'll go back someday with my boys. I was advised to go at the end of the year when it's much cooler. They said the rest of the year is just hot. Ahh, someday :)

#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment