Pages

Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Creative Happy Tuesdays: Oatmeal Swissdot Kitchen Curtains

I love looking at the garden while washing dishes, but it's been too hot lately so I had to reinstall the kitchen curtains. We did away with it the past few months since it was cooler and it's been nice to look at the garden and sky. Since we remodeled the kitchen I thought it would be nice to have a new set of curtains. 




I like to experiment with the fabric of my curtain projects. I like the fabric to be light and have texture. I used gina/geena fabric when I was learning how to make curtains. When I got the hang of it I started to experiment with the fabric. I've used lace embroider, linen like polyester and katrina fabric. I cam across Swissdot fabric on Lazada and thought it would be cute to try for my kitchen curtains. 




The shop offered 26 different colors. I chose oatmeal since that's what I eat everyday for breakfast. I went for a neutral color for now since I'm still planning to make new covers for my kitchen gadgets. I want to try the other Swissdot fabric colors.

Finished sewing the curtains in 2 nights. It just required straight stitches, nothing fancy since I needed to finish it asap. Making curtains is therapeutic. This set showed me that my sewing skills have improved. Learning to make our own curtains saved us a lot of money. I also get to select and play around with different types of fabric. I giggled last Sunday when I saw a dress made out of Swissdot fabric. Now I have to make sure I don't end up twinning with our curtains, hahaha. 

Tutorial and measurements on: https://www.needleadventures.com/2023/04/how-to-make-kitchen-curtains.html

#BeKind #StaySafe 


No comments:

Post a Comment