Pages

Friday, April 14, 2023

Foodie Friday: Our Pinoy Style Chicken Macaroni Salad

One of the things I missed a lot when we lived in Singapore was the macaroni salad usually served in reunions. It's pretty common in the Philippines, even fastfood like Wendy's* and Kenny Rogers has it. Max's Restaurant used to have it, but they sadly removed it from their menu. 




Chicken macaroni salad is a staple in Filipino Christmas reunions (and any house parties for that matter). I remember watching it being prepared at home whenever Mom had parties. I don't recall if we had a recipe for it. I just tasted my way through it when I made this recipe and Sweetie seems to like it (Miggy doesn't like mayo). 



I am pretty sure every household in the Philippines has their own recipe. It really boils down to what your taste buds prefer. It may be salty or sweet. You can also use tuna instead of chicken, or ham, or you can also add boiled egg. You can also add raisins and/or pineapple tidbits for added oomph. You can also use the same base for potato salad. It is a very flexible recipe :)

Recipe is available here: https://recipesformyson.blogspot.com/2023/04/recipes-for-my-son-chicken-macaroni.html

*Wendy's macaroni salad with thousand island dressing

#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment