Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Shake It Off

I'm honestly been feeling down the past few weeks since discovering what's happening in our backyard. Much as I want to quash with Thor's Mjolnir (the mystical Uru Warhammer). Told Mom I'm avoiding going to her house for now because I don't trust I could control my temper. It's been a test of character and I know I still have a lot to improve. I haven't been sleeping well also because I'm super bothered.

It doesn't help that there's a lot of things going on in the world. It feels like the pandemic opened Pandora's Box. The war has affected all of us. The elections. These are just some of the added triggers. I buried myself in multiple quilt projects to calm myself down. When my hands are busy it means I could stay offline and avoid negativity. Taking care of my heart and mind is important because if I get anxious it affects my body. 

Here's how I've been coping:

Quilting projects

I just finished two sets of potholders, a set of coasters, cover for our blender and my KitchenAid blender. I skipped filming the projects because I wanted to enjoy creating. 


Gardening

It takes me an hour everyday to water my plants. I used to dread doing it, but I now enjoy it. My veggies are taking awhile to grow. I'm just making sure they don't die for now. I just got a rake and can't wait to try it later. 

Walking to Spin a Pokestop

Re-started walking to spin a Pokestop. It's just about a thousand steps every time we go. I always get a high after.

Puttering in the Kitchen

I haven't been able to do a lot of cooking and baking, but I just got a ginormous electric fan for the kitchen. I was able to bake though when it rained hard two weeks ago. Heat is my kryptonite! We haven't finished organizing our kitchen haha. 

Watching Happy Vids

I prefer to watch happy family vids now than travel vlogs. Also just discovered Jonathan Van Ness' show on Netflix. I only like some of the topics he's covered, but I like his energy. 

Time for me to water the plants! 

#BeKind #StaySafe #VoteWisely 


No comments:

Post a Comment