Pages

Monday, March 14, 2022

Good Riddance

I choked back a sob seeing the blue and red lights from the vehicle bounce off the front of my childhood home. They had come to help me resolve the issue that's been plaguing our family. It felt unreal because I would only see similar instances in the movies.

I stiffened my spine and told myself I had to do this to secure my Mom. What followed was several hours of procedures we had to plough through. They were all very helpful and patient as I had to take mouthfuls of air in between my storytelling (it's really very hard for me to breathe while wearing a mask). It was already past one in the morning before we finally left and went home.


I'm just thankful now that it's over and we can move on from this issue. There's still a lot to do before the issue can be put to rest, but I'm getting help for that. The past two weeks was really difficult because the stress was affecting my health. My siblings were also battling medical emergencies on their end, so I was surprisingly the most able bodied among us. I had to step up. 

When we got to my Mom's I wanted to rush out of the car. Sweetie told me to wait and keep calm. I'm glad he reminded me because I was able to put on my corporate poker face. I needed to do that so I could think clearly and not panic. Dad would have been proud becay I remembered what he taught me when I'm in a stressful situation.

At the end of the long night, I hugged my Mom and told her it's over. She is now safe and we can focus on fattening her up and fixing our rampaged home.

Thank you all for your prayers.

*The red rose represents the color of the candidate we all hate because of what his family did. Yes, this is also an opportunity for me to remind you to vote wisely.

#BeKind #StaySafe #VoteWisely

No comments:

Post a Comment