Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2022

The Sunflower

I've been following international news the past few days. Russia's invasion of Ukraine is heartbreaking. I saw a video of an old woman giving sunflower seeds to Russian soldiers. She told them they would bloom into sunflowers when they die. I also just saw a photo of a Ukranian ballet dancer now dressed as a soldier. 


I also watched the EU Parliament address of the Ukranian President. He said at least 15 children were killed yesterday and their Freedom Square was hit by missiles. He also mentioned that the Russian soldiers did not actually know why they were invading Ukraine.  There is also much disinformation happening in Russia. You can watch the speech here.

Of course from where we are there's nothing we could really do except pray for this to be over. More than 800,000 people have been displaced already, some of them Filipinos. Since I started using my hand as a guide for my prayers, I've been praying more for others than myself. My problems aren't as overwhelming anymore and I've become more grateful for the blessings. 

#BeKind #StaySafe #VoteWisely #PrayForPeace




No comments:

Post a Comment