Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2022

My New Suspenseful Life

“Criminals should be punished, not fed pastries.” ― Lemony Snicket, The Blank Book

I'm taking a break today. My temp has been elevated for two days now and I hope I didn't pick up an infection from the smelly basement. I hope there won't be any calls from the police or barangay today. They've been trying to force their hand to get in my Mom's home. They can't scare me with threats. In the first place, they should have followed what was agreed on. 

I'm really grateful for the support from family and friends. I know Daddy has been guiding us also from heaven. I found our lawyer because of him. I've also been getting advise from friends who are experts in this field. And I've been getting reminders from everyone to rest. 

Mom's in high spirits. Hope we both can get a haircut soon.


My original plan for this week was to re-pot the cactus Ate Rose gave me. It has outgrown it's pot. I was also going to put up the pink parols (with help of course) and was hoping my new posters would be delivered already. I've also been working on taking over managing Mom's household and scheduled a mangangalakal to pull out our old ref. I was also going to start working on my summer curtains and have lighting installed in our living room. I honestly still hoped there were no anomalies happening. It is what it is now and just have to do what's needed.

Mom's newspaper subscription is back. This was her first request and coffee!
I gave her my supply muna since it was late already when she told me.

A friend told me it was divine intervention already. It was really hard to make a move because I've been so worried about Mom being left alone. We've been trying to find a new helper for two years already. Mom doesn't want to live with me. She still prefers to be independent. I agreed with my friend because I've been praying hard to resolve the issue. I also prayed hard for guidance. 

And you know my prayers were all answered. Even my small whims were granted (i.e. getting Tita Olive to cook spaghetti for me). A long-time prayer to be closer to my siblings was also answered. I now understand my new mission and why Papa God sent me back home. My Fitbit shows that my sleep score has improved a lot and I've been waking up earlier. 

I hope I have a quiet day today. I need it to finish reviewing Mom's accounts. It's a lot of numbers and like a puzzle. Remembered the days when I would prepare budgets at work. I was also designated person to finish whatever was left at the end of the year. Let's just hope for the best. 

P.S. Spoke too soon. I'm definitely not having a quiet day. I ordered some pizza though, easier to eat while reviewing numbers. 

#Bekind #StaySafe #VoteWisely



No comments:

Post a Comment