Pages

Saturday, January 18, 2020

Do What Makes You Happy

This post is inspired by a bag. Yup, a bag I got from my favorite fabric place - Spotlight.


Since I was a child my Mom always kept me busy. Every summer she'd teach me a new craft. I'd spend afternoons under a tree in her garden, sewing, making straw bags, quilting, painting boxes etc. So in school my favorite subject was home economics (limited to sewing/crafts -- I hated cooking back then). I drew the line though in sewing clothes. My Mom too. It was my Mama Lola who was great with the sewing machine.

I could stay home for many days without getting cabin fever as long as I can keep my hands busy. I have a number of hobbies that I work on. The past few years I've been focusing on quilting. I quilt by hand, but lately since I've been making larger projects so I've started to use my sewing machine more.

Here are some of the projects I've worked on -

Wonder Woman quilt blanket as a wedding gift.

Baby quilt for a friend who had a miracle baby.

I made a number of this (customized) as a Christmas gift.

One of the first pillowcases I made for home use.

A Wonder Woman bag for a friend (purely hand quilted!).

I haven't sewn anything this year yet, but I have a project I'm progressing on. I'll probably start on it when I get back to Singapore. 

Quilting is one of the things that make me happy. I bring projects with me whenever I travel and sew inflight. I realized that I want to do so many things, but have limited time so set aside some of the projects for now. 

What about you? What do you do that makes you happy?




No comments:

Post a Comment