Pages

Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Finding Balance

I was able to write a couple of posts last weekend which allowed me to take a break from writing. I didn't force myself yesterday to write a blog post for today since I still needed time to find my balance. Such is the life of someone with PTSD. When it's triggered it takes me awhile to go back to my regular, happy, chill state.




My PTSD was triggered by several factors. I've been able to rebuild my coping mechanisms, but one thing piled after another so I had to work hard to get back to normal. The following activities helped:

  • Prayer
  • Communicating my frustration
  • Re-potted my cacti and succulent collection (it has grown since Ate Rose gave them to me). 
  • Wrote a business analysis. This helped allow me to look at things from another perspective. 
  • Ate food I like and had a frosty. (I'm so ready to go back to my set meals haha). 
  • Worked on organizing my craft room. Also did some sewing.
  • Spent time with the cats.
  • Did pulmo rehab (mega deep breathing exercises ftw).
  • Short roadtrip with the boys. Getting a good dose of sunshine probably helped.
  • A little retail therapy. (Got a new Uratex stool for my gardening activities).
  • Stopped and smelled the flowers. 
  • Talked to a friend who reminded me I'm an ideal client
  • Stayed offline for awhile. 




Spending time outside probably gave me a good dose of vitamin sun. I feel a little sunburnt after our short roadtrip today. It was good to be out and about. I even spent more time watering the plants. This allowed me to be calmer and distract me from the issues at hand. The problem with PTSD is when it's triggered everything goes out of proportion and I start feeling unwell. 

I feel a bit better now and will hopefully get better sleep tonight after being out most of the day. I know I'm still fragile, so hopefully the universe will cooperate and be safer for me. I wasn't like this before. I used to face tough times by looking at it straight in the eye. I didn't even blink when I had heart surgery. It was the clots that wore me down. 

The activities I listed above are some of my coping mechanisms. Being busy with offline activities really helps a lot and whenever negative thoughts intrude I combat it with a prayer. Of course, hugs from my boys added to my happiness well. 

#BeKind #StaySafe


No comments:

Post a Comment