Pages

Monday, February 12, 2024

What's Up with Rubber Duckies on the Head?

The past few weeks there's been a lot of people posting photos of having rubber ducks on their head. A lot of people are buying it and a friend said it was around PhP40 in Binondo/Divisoria. Another said it could go up to PhP150 at ToyCon. 

The trend has been ongoing for awhile now and TBH I still have no idea why people are doing it. After some quick research I found out that rubber ducks represent innocent fun. So maybe that's why people are wearing ducks on their head. To remind others to chill and just have some fun. The toys have been available on Lazada/Shopee for awhile now. They're even available as headbands or ponytail ties. 




I never had a rubber ducky toy. Bath tubs aren't popular here, but I always thought they were cute because of Ernie in Sesame Street -




I do have a huge duck/chick stuffed toy. It was given to me by Marcus and Shirni a few years ago. It's one of the few stuffed toys I kept after decluttering. It's so cute and it sits on top of our revolving shelf. I keep it there to remind me of happy days.

Here's my entry for the duck on head trend, LOL -




Do tell me if you know what's the reason for putting ducks on your head.

#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment