Pages

Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Delete? (Dealing with Baggage)

In the Philippines we have a more appropriate term for "baggage". We call it "bubog" which means pieces of broken glass or shrapnel. I think it's a better term since trauma is painful and broken glass causes wounds. "Mga bubog sa puso", shrapnels in the heart. Filipino language is indeed beautiful don't you think?




Anyway, I saw a friend post this on his timeline, "Delete conversations that hurt you whenever you read them. Delete phone numbers. Block contacts. Restrict. Mute. Unfollow. Remove negative energy from your life. Do whatever it is that you need to do in order to heal and create a positive environment for yourself."




Which brings me to today's "wellness" topic - should you delete/block/mute/unfollow people/circumstances that bring negativity and stress to your life? In my experience, YES. I have experienced this a number of times and I had to do this to protect myself and my family from the circumstance (people) causing stress. 

I try my best to hold on as much as I could, but my health suffered because of that. It's important to know when you should stop holding on so you can protect yourself. I had unfortunately held on and suffered the consequences of getting sick. I have since learned to move on when I feel I'm being taken for granted or being taken advantage of.

One thing the "advise" above doesn't cover is what happens when you have healed? Well, it's something I only realized yesterday. Once your ready and your heart has healed you can then unblock, unmute, unrestrict, follow back. Sometimes you have to take chances especially if it involves family. Don't hold on to grudges because it doesn't do any good in the long run. Now, if nothing has changed and it just brings back the negativity, well... you know what to do. 

#BeKind #StaySafe


No comments:

Post a Comment