Pages

Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Joining the Comic Book Board Bandwagon

I ordered comic book boards from Amazon a few weeks ago. It's much cheaper to buy from Amazon than from local online shops. I got two sets of 100 and a cat yoga calendar to qualify for free shipping. It didn't take long before it was delivered. 

Now you might be wondering, do I actually own comic books? TBH, I don't. Not even one! Haha. I was researching how best to organize my fabric since it needs to be re-arranged. I've been having a hard time getting what I need since they were stacked on top of each other. I joined a quilting/sewing room group and read that most quilters use comic book boards to organize their fabric. 




My fabric stash is very small compared to quilters abroad. I've so far organized one shelf and I like how it looks. I could easily look through my fabric and also know more or less if I still have enough. I'm surprisingly more than halfway of the first set of fabric and I haven't even made a dent on my stash. Sweetie asked if I'll finish the 200 boards I ordered. At the rate I'm going I think I won't have enough, LOL. 

The comic book boards help with keeping the stash evenly folded. TBH, I'm not sure if I'll buy again since the boards are pretty flimsy. I will have to compute, but it might be cheaper to just get chipboards or reuse boxes. Other quilters don't advise using comic book boards. They said you could just use a ruler to measure the fabric while you fold it.




The comic book boards have been useful though since it's spurred me to work on organizing my fabric stash. How do you organize your craft materials?

#BeKind #StaySafe


No comments:

Post a Comment