Pages

Sunday, February 4, 2024

There is Life After a Beautiful Career

I didn't tell anyone when I was thinking about following the recommendation of my doctors to retire. I even told Sweetie about it when I was already half-way through my decision. I didn't want to alarm or worry my family about my plans. I prayed and kept praying until I felt at peace with my decision. 

I had a wonderful career. Working at an international tech company was my 11th job. I stayed there for 15 years and had a very unique experience. To be honest I still don't know why they chose me over the highest executive of a bank. I had my quirks, but I think the job fit me like a perfect glove. 




The decision to leave was a very tough one. It was very obvious that my body needed to rest and it would die if I continued to batter it with so much stress. It was very hard to leave because I couldn't imagine what my life would be. 

What helped me was to remember my original goal before I joined the company. I told myself I'll just complete my top 10 wish list for my country, have Miggy finish his studies and then go back home. Miggy completed his studies in 2019 and I completed my check list by August 2020. Remembering what my goals were made it easier for me to disengage and embrace the recommendation of my doctors. 

It took awhile to fully disengage and accept my new life. My life is quieter now and I'm happy living it with my boys. We live very simply and have been focusing on what's important. I have also stopped asking God what my purpose is now. It's very obvious! My purpose is to remind people to focus on what is important. Pray. Be happy. Love. And serve. 

Breathe. 

“Friends, do not be afraid of silence or stillness. Listen to God. Adore Him in the Eucharist.” (Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI)

#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment