Pages

Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Need a Break? Take It

I haven't been in the mood to write the past week. I haven't been feeling well and just want to work on my quilt project and sleep in. So I'm not going to make this post long.




I have a friend who's been sickly. She's been hospitalized a couple of times in the past few months. I went through that phase also in late 2020 to the whole of 2021. Aside from being warded I saw my doctors almost every week and I had physiotherapy in between those appointments. It was really hard for me since I could barely walk without experiencing shortness of breath. 

So I learned to heed my body's needs. When it doesn't feel good, I rest. I minimize my activities. I already did the biggest change in my life -- retired. I can't pick up from where I left off anymore since I have a chronic illness. Everyday is different. So I told my friend that maybe she should think about taking a longer break to let her body recover properly.




I'm an extreme example though, but if you're able bodied and generally healthy, rest if your body needs it. Don't push too hard, there's always another day. Rest, relax, recover and enjoy life :)

Oh, btw, Happy Valentine's Day!

#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment