I was having more bad days than good days the past few months. It's annoying since I'm unproductive on those days. I've accepted the fact that it's going to be that way. My doctors have helped the best way they could, but if I want to increase my energy and stamina I have to work harder.
For this Lenten season I have resolved to take better care of myself. For the 40 days of Lent I have resolved to do the following everyday:
- Exercise - to be consistent I tied the mini-exercises I do with some chores. Wall push-ups while preparing coffee and more movement through chores (i.e. dishwashing or cooking). The general aim is to walk at least 1,500 steps per day around the house. Stop when feeling unwell. Aim for a long walk at least once a week.
- Self-care - daily skincare. I realized that I've been so lucky because my skin has generally been unaffected by my medical issues. I have to take care of it though, so I have resumed my skincare routine. I also started to have more white hair, so I'm taking care off my hair too.
- Keep my mind working - found it easier to blog ahead. I feel a bit anxious if I blog on the same day, so I've been trying to write at least a day ahead. If my muse is in the mood I try to write up to 3 days ahead. This gives me time to do other things.
- Have a working goal - I have so many interests and hobbies. I sometimes get overwhelmed with everything I want to do. I now use the area on my planner where you can write out your weekly targets. I just write 3 priorities for the week and do what I can.
- Pause when needed - I know what triggers my issues, so things sometimes change in an instant. A good day can immediately change to a bad day. So I check the weather and the AQI before I go out of our bedroom.
I have to find the best balance between movement and rest. Being a bit more productive is important for me because it helps with my overall well-being. I thought the best thing I can do this Lent is work on being at least 1% better than the day before. I have not been able to see my doctor regularly because she's always busy. This means I have to take better care of myself. I hope I'll have more stamina by Easter.
Post a Comment