Pages

Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Creative Happy Tuesdays: Make Your Own Blackout Curtains

Custom curtains are VERY expensive. We requested for a quote for curtains for our living room and we were shocked! It would cost a whopping 50k+ if I had curtains made. Installing blinds would be cheaper, but it would not look good in our living room. Since I don't have that kind of money, I'll stick to making the curtains myself. 

Last year, I ordered 14 yards of Philipps fabric at PhP99 per yard and 10 yards of lace embroider fabric at PhP95 per yard. The fabric was thick and a bit more difficult to sew. I just took one photo of it (the one below) since I think there's a lot to improve in my handiwork. Anyway, the blackout curtain does a good job at keeping the sun out during summer. 




With amihan gone, I asked Miggy to change the curtain last night. I noticed that it's less hot now. We'll use it until the season changes again. I'm experimenting on different types of fabric for curtains. I've so far used linen like polyester, gina, katrina, and lace embroider. I have swissdot fabric lined up for my next curtain project. 


Zoey linen like polyester fabric (pink) and lace embroider (white)


I was inspired by my MIL to make curtains. Sweetie said she made all their curtains. I know in time I'll get better. I'm just focusing for now on the living room curtains because they need to be custom made. Compared to paying PhP50k+ for customized curtains, I think we can survive with my homemade curtains. I saved PhP47,500+ since I just made the curtains. 

Here's a quick tutorial on how I make curtains. It's the simplest way to do it. 



P.S. Also decluttered curtains last weekend. Gave my excess to my Mom since she has a lot more windows <3


#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment