Pages

Thursday, March 9, 2023

Throwback Thursday: San Francisco with the Boys

A few years ago we tagged along with Sweetie when he went to the US for an event. We were in San Francisco for a few days and since it was Miggy's first time I thought it would be a good idea to bring him around. 




I still have some fuzzy memories of SanFo from my childhood. I was 4 the first time I went. Tito Mon had a house there where we stayed for a few days. I remember visiting Fisherman's Wharf because it was so cold. I wanted Miggy to experience it, so that was our first stop when we arrived. We ended up dining at The Franciscan Crab Restaurant where we had seafood. We walked around for a bit after and we enjoyed the breeze from the bay.




After that we met up with some friends to visit a pumpkin patch. It was a fun experience for Miggy because I similarly visited a pumpkin patch with my scout brothers before. After that we hung out with our friends at a Vietnamese restaurant and had milk tea after.  




The next day Miggy and I walked over to Ghiardelli Square. We had fun going in and out of shops because they would sometimes give free pieces of chocolate. Took a break at Lori's Diner then headed to the Presidio National Park. I wanted to see the Yoda fountain and walk around the Palace of the Fine Arts.




 

By early evening we headed back to the wharf to explore it a bit more. It was fun to hang out in the area because of the wildlife. There were a lot of birds and sea lions. Dined at Bubba Gump just to experience it and then met up with Jay. We checked out the Musee Mechanique. It showcased a lot of 20th century arcade games and artifacts. It reminded me of the Tom Hanks movie, Big




We only spent a few hours going around the city. The only thing memorable was seeing a huge warship docked in the bay and walking around the Embarcadero. It was a quick trip. Maybe we'll get to go back someday :)

#BeKind #StaySafe


No comments:

Post a Comment