Pages

Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Wellness Wednesdays: Dealing with Food Poisoning

Food poisoned twice thus month. The first one was probably due to a salad I ate at a resto. I was better in less than two days, but still took it easy with what I ate for a few days. I'm still dealing with the second one. It was likely caused by a bite I took from the salmon omelette Sweetie ordered from a cafe. He was also downed by it, but recovered faster than me.



My tummy is usually strong. I can eat anything outside my restrictions (grapefruit and anything too salty). I can still enjoy a cup of coffee a day and sometimes milk tea if I feel like it. I'm just usually careful with the water since that's where my tummy is picky. 

I didn't worry the first time I had food poisoning. I just rested and hydrated a lot. Thought it would be the same the second time around. It was unusual for me to still be having symptoms after three days so I decided to consult a doctor. He confirmed I have infectious diarrhea due to what I ate. He prescribed antibiotics and told me to drink 4 liters of water a day to make sure I don't get dehydrated. I'm not fond of running to a doctor, but I knew the issue won't resolve by itself. It's really important to know your body and seek help when needed.

Reported the issue to the cafe. Told them I hope they could check the food since it may happen to others. No response so far. Not surprised since their service on ground was very dismal.

#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment