Pages

Sunday, October 11, 2020

Hello Outside World

Things have eased up a bit here in Singapore, I go out only when it's really needed. My doctor advised me that wearing a mask for prolonged periods would be detrimental for me. I had to go out this weekend because I felt I needed new eyeglasses. So we headed to the mall today. We went early to avoid the crowds. 

We went to Vivo City and oh my it looked like everyone planned to go to the mall today! I realized that before the pandemic happened I just took a lot of things for granted. I thought things would remain the same. Now the ordinary things before the pandemic, like eating lunch at a restaurant now feel more special. It reminded me when I was a child, our family did not eat out often. We only ate out when we were attending a birthday celebration (usually Tito Ben's). 

Going to the mall also became ordinary for me especially since we lived across a mall for four years. The excitement of going to the mall anytime I wanted wore off on me. I used to like window shopping. Checking out shiny new things. Typhoon Ondoy and living in smaller homes taught me though that you don't need a lot of things. Today, Aftera just one shop we already got tired and decided to eat lunch first. We were both so excited since we rarely eat out now. 

After lunch we rushed through our errands. My eye check-up took awhile, but luckily I was the only customer in the shop. I think since there wasn't anyone well they gave me extra special attention (haha). My eyeglasses though will only be available in two weeks. My new frame is going to look quite different, it's quite quirky.  

We also picked up some things to send back home. Hopefully it will get there in time for Christmas. I hope I could send the box before month end. I super miss my Miggy and Mom. I thought I could be home more often this year, but I guess that's not going to happen anytime soon. I was hoping we could at least be complete this Christmas. I cannot imagine celebrating Christmas without Miggy and my Mom. And that makes me really sad. 

The outside world will always just be there. At this point it's a bit daunting for me to go out and deal with so many people. This year has changed so many things. I now spend majority of my time at home. If there's anything I need I normally just order it online. I had a hard time adjusting to this new normal, but now I'm used to it. 

Well, hello outside world. My perspective have definitely changed in the last couple of months. I'm not sure if it's going to go back to what it was before. Probably not. Let's just keep going on and live life the best way we can. 

CB//187 #StuckAtHomeDay/217 #StayHome #BeKind

No comments:

Post a Comment