Pages

Sunday, October 25, 2020

231 Days Since We had to Stay Home

In the last few weeks I've had a number of people share their experience with COVID19. I have family and friends who's families got infected by the virus. It's truly a terrible thing to go through. I pray everyday that this pandemic will end soon and no one gets sick anymore. 

My friends who shared their experience said more than getting sick the harder challenge is keeping mentally healthy. A friend from South Asia shared that her whole family got infected. Her Dad and brother were hospitalized and the rest of their household were luckily asymptomatic. My friend and her six month old baby were spared. They were the ones who moved out and stayed at a hotel for three weeks. 

She told me it took all her will to cope with the situation. My heart went out to her. It must have been so hard for her to manage the situation and take care of her baby on her own. Another friend shared her brother got infected so they decided to have her whole family stay at another place for a month to keep her parents safe. Her brother had to cope on his own. Luckily it wasn't too bad. 

I was watching a celebrity vlogger share her COVID19 experience earlier. She said almost everyone in her household got it and they got it due to a lapse in judgment. Her Mom picked it up when she went outside to buy food. She said she only felt really, really awful for one day, but she was able to cope for the rest of her quarantine period. 

We went to the mall today to pick up my new eyeglasses. I was really surprised that the mall was so full. As much as the situation here in Singapore is much better we still need to be careful and vigilant. This pandemic is really testing all of our individual limits. My rock has been my family and faith. 

Happy Sunday everyone. Hang in there!

CB//201 #StuckAtHomeDay/231 #StayHome #BeKind

No comments:

Post a Comment