Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Ina, The Penafrancia

I randomly looked for photos in my Picasa folder to see if there was anything I haven't blogged about and chanced upon the album of my trip to Naga in 2010. Immediately saw the image of Our Lady of Penafrancia and thought I'd blog about her.

My Mom has a deep devotion to Our Lady of Penafrancia. Fondly called Ina (Mother) by Bicolanos. My Mom grew up in Naga, Bicol and eversince I was a baby we'd always visit Ina every time we go home. Sometimes we'd go to the old church, sometimes to the basilica. My Mom has shared to me the story of the image of Our Lady of Penafrancia which is believed to be miraculous. She'd always tell me that her prayers were always answered and I believe her.

Everytime I visit Ina I always feel deep joy. It's quite unexplainable, but I always feel at peace whenever I'm there and I probably have a silly smile after I touch her. The last time I managed to visit back in 2010 I just said a prayer of thanks, most especially since it was a day before my birthday.

One thing I have not had the chance to experience though is visiting during the fiesta. I have not witnessed first-hand the fluvial parade. My favorite aunt, Tita Olive, always goes every year and I don't think she's missed it ever. She was the one who accompanied me to visit Ina back in 2010. She's my most loved Tita because she took care of me when I was a baby and also took care of Miguel when he was a baby (2 generations of my family had gone through her care).

Here are some photos I managed to take that day :)





And please say this prayer with me. 






No comments:

Post a Comment