Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Day 16: Stranger in the Night

I'm really bent on completing my 30-day challenge. Hotel's wifi isn't working so I'm posting via the Blogger Android app. Might as well turn in early since I have an early flight tomorrow.

I had trouble sleeping last night even though I turned the lights off at eleven. I had the misfortune if being placed under the room of honeymooners. In the morning I woke up to the sound of something banging over my head. I got up and tried to shrug it off. It didn't stop so I decided to make myself some coffee and read some updates online. I quickly shut down my laptop when I heard what sounded like a battle cry. I was so weirded out I SMSd Henky to meet me at the lobby.

I spent most of the day out so I could avoid whatever it was happening above me. Was so tired so I decided to turn in early. A few minutes after I turned the lights off the banging sound started again. When I finally dozed off I was awakened by loud laughter and what seemed to be a party happening in the room above me. I know I should've called reception but I was just too tired and my head started to pound.

A few hours later I was again rudely awakened by the incessant ringing of the doorbell. I checked the time and my phone showed that it was just 3:41 in the morning. I dragged myself out of the bed and got nervous when I couldn't see the person at the door. He or she was slumped by the door. I didn't open it for fear that it might be a bad person or a drunk guest who might force his or her way in my room.

I immediately left the door and contemplated on whether I should call reception. I felt though that it might've been just a drunk guest who got lost. So I just went back to sleep.

Glad I'm attending a self defense class later this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment