Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Dolphy

The Philippine King of Comedy passed away last night. He was 83.



I have so many fond memories of Dolphy. He is truly the King of Comedy in the Philippines and I grew up watching his TV shows - John en Marsha and Home Along Da Riles - and some of his films. I just remember laughing at his antics and punchlines. He is one artist who can make me laugh even without saying anything.

Thank you Mang Dolphy for all the fun and laughter, for being part of my childhood. Please say hi to my Dad up there in heaven!

1 comment:

  1. Dolphy was probably the first Filipino actor I recognized. I remember my mom use to rent all these Filipino movies long ago when we lived in San Francisco. I was probably 6 or 7 at the time, one particular movie had a unicorn (at least that's what I thought it was) and it had kids and one older guy.... I asked my mom, "who's that? he's funny..."... and my mom said "he's very famous, he's Dolphy"... never forgotten his name since then.

    ReplyDelete