Pages

Sunday, September 3, 2023

Fear Not!

Whenever I'm scared I always cry out, "Mommy!" I do it especially when there is a thunderstorm. I also do it whenever something scares me. Does you do that too?

Yesterday morning I was woken up by sirens. It wasn't the usual I hear and I realized there was probably a fire somewhere near. I tried to go back to sleep, but to make sure we were safe I searched on Twitter and Facebook to find out the location of the fire. It was a kilometer away from us, in a barangay adjacent to us. 




I looked out the window and didn't see visible signs of the fire. Our street was also very quiet. Everyone was asleep except me. Sweetie was sound asleep, so I didn't wake him up since the are was quite far from us. It kept me awake for awhile. The sun had risen by the time I fell asleep again. 

I realized I still have PTSD from the fire that happened behind our home almost a year ago. There was also a typhoon the day it happened. Mom was still alive then, but I did not want to worry here. I just prayed in the car while waiting for the fire department to solve the issue. Luckily the fire just damaged part of our firewall and it was fixed a few months ago. I told Mom about the incident when it was over. 




Now that Mom is not around anymore, I still call out to her whenever I get scared (yes, I dislike thunder). I reach out to Sweetie or Miggy when the storm is crazy. GodWhispers though reminded me that you should lean on your faith when you fear something. I calmed down yesterday after praying for the safety of everyone involved in the fire. A news clip said that everyone is safe. 

“For I, the LORD your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, ‘Do not fear, I will help you.’ ” - Isaiah 41:13 

#BeKind #StaySafe


No comments:

Post a Comment