Pages

Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Listening to Christmas Songs in September

As soon as September 1 rolled in, I started playing Christmas songs. Because, why not? The Philippines has the longest Christmas in the world. I don't really know when that started because when I was younger it was usual for Mom to start decorating after All Souls Day. She'd usually do some "spring" cleaning and the next day the decors are up. 




Mom loved the Christmas season. Her birthday is in December. Oh, and Tito Ben's,Tito Tony's, my MIL and Kuya Koko's birthdays are also in December. We also celebrate several wedding anniversaries in December. I guess that's one reason why it's always a festive month in our family. Mom and Dad always invited family and friends in our home. They preferred to have people visit and my friends have happy memories of visiting our home. 




It's been awhile since I really celebrated Christmas. We had Mom over last Christmas and Sweetie just set up the tree on Christmas eve. We weren't able to send out all our gifts! This year I'd like to celebrate Christmas the way Mom used to do it. Told myself I have to prepare early and that's why I'm listening to Christmas songs this early.

It'll be Christmas before you know it, so I'll use the "ber" months to prepare and celebrate Papa Jesus' birthday properly. He is, after all, the reason for the season!

#BeKind #StaySafe

 

No comments:

Post a Comment