Pages

Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Perfect Artwork for My Sewing Room

One thing I did not expect to find at the Super Manila Comic Con was an artwork for my sewing room. I've been on the lookout for sewing themed decor/art for my sewing room. The only sewing decor I have is a clock, a few sewing machine figures and thimbles which I collected from my travels. 

I was dead tired by the time we reached the section for artists. Top of mind for me was to find a Yoda artwork or figure. Unlike the Singapore Comic Con, all the works were original. What caught my eye was Marius Black's artwork, "Blum". It's a cityscape of Blumentritt and I found the colors fascinating. The booth also had cat artwork and a child playing under a sewing machine. 




"My Silly Passenger" is the title of the print made by Guada Ramos Funtilar. I liked the artwork because it reminded me of those days I used to play under my Mama Lola's sewing machine. I even had the same hair cut as the child. She had the same black Singer sewing machine. Of course, I had to get a print for my sewing room. 




I'm happy I got it and regret I didn't buy Marius Black's Blum print. They both gave us their business card, so I could just probably order online or go to an event they'll attend. In the meantime, I need to find a nice frame for the print I got. Also, need to figure out where to hang it :)

#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment